Friday, November 9, 2012

Best quotes from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz for tattooing


"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
- Dorothy Gale


"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard; because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."
- Dorothy Gale


"There's no place like home."
- Dorothy Gale



"Why, if I had a brain I could...
I could wile away the hours,
Conferrin' with the flowers,
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain."
- The Scarecrow


"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!"
- Wicked Witch of the West


"I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world!"
- Wicked Witch of the West


"Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!"
- Dorothy Gale


"Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got?"
- The Cowardly Lion
(I suggest taking a smaller section from this quote.)


Dorothy: "Weren't you frightened?"
Wizard of Oz: "Frightened? Child, you're talking to a man who's laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe... I was petrified."


"You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the unfortunate impression that just because you run away you have no courage; you're confusing courage with wisdom."
- The Wizard of Oz


"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
The Wizard of Oz


"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
The Wizard of Oz


"Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma."
The Wizard of Oz
(I suggest taking a smaller section from this quote.)



"You have no power here! Now begone, before somebody drops a house on you!"
- Glinda, the Good Witch of the North


"What would you do with a brain if you had one?"
 - Dorothy Gale


"Doctor of Thinkology."
The Wizard of Oz


"We must be over the rainbow!"
 - Dorothy Gale


"Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Bluebirds fly. Birds fly Over The Rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why oh why cant I?"
 - Dorothy Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment